I love Disney so it made sense we share with you the best Disney souvenirs to nab on your next Disney World (or Disneyland) trip!
Before we start sharing these must-have Disney souvenirs, I thought I would share some Creative tips that I learned during our visits to Disney world!
Disney World travel tips
- Planning – Plan your days in advance including which theme parks you are visiting and when as well as make your dining reservations.
- Shopping – If you forget to buy something during your visit, you can also check the Shop Disney Parks app which sells most of the items from the parks. Plus, the Orlando International Airport has not one but TWO Disney stores for you to get those last-minute purchases.
- Budgeting – Disney can be expensive, no matter which parks in the world you go to. Give yourself a strict budget and stick to it; decide how much you want to spend each day and how much you want to spend on food, souvenirs, transport and so on. Save some money before you even arrive by getting discounted tickets on Undercover Tourist.
Best Disney Souvenirs for your trip
A must for all newbies at Disney, I always remember watching Disney adverts as a kid with people walking around in these hat ears! I love these and this was the first Disneyland souvenir I bought on our very first trip! You can get Mickey or Minnie ears to match the season; I love the festive options each year and my favourite pair is the gorgeous Chinese pair I picked up in Shanghai Disneyland.
2. PERSONALISED CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS!
I am a big lover of all things christmassy so these are perfect! You can personalise the ornaments with you name or choose from your favourite characters to hang on your tree.
If you aren’t at the park during the Christmas period but want this Disney World souvenir, then you can pick up a range of ornaments available on Amazon.
For more Christmas souvneirs, make sure you check out our Christmas Disney Souvenirs post too
Most attractions across the world offer a Penny Presser and Disney is no exception. For unique Disney souvenirs, these Disney World Pressed Pennies are probably the cheapest Disney souvenirs you can get and one of the best in my opinion.
4. MR POTATO HEAD PARTS
In the Once Upon A Toy store in Disney Springs, you can fill up a box with a load of Mr Potato Head body parts, all for a set price. Buy the Mr Potato Head at home or separately and fill the box with the Disney specific and themed items.
Cast Members help you pack the box to make the most of your purchase and they also offer the same system with Lego Cups, Jewellery cups and Pirate Treasure Chests.
This joins the list of best souvenirs from Disney World because of the fun experience and enjoyment it brings, picking out your favourite pieces.
5. RESORT MERCHANDISE
As with most attractions and theme parks around the world, Disney has certain merchandise that is specific to that theme park or resort. If you are a fan of a particular park then get the merchandise for that resort, I personally love the Disney Resort T-shirts! Disney Souvenirs in Orlando are also available at the Disney Character Warehouse in the Premium Outlet Mall.
6. PERSONALISED CHINESE PARASOL
One of my favourite Disney world souvenirs is from the China section in Epcot. You can choose a beautiful parasol and the cast members will write your name on it, in Calligraphy! Get these nearer the end of your visit to avoid getting it ruined when your racing around on rides.
7. DISNEY AUTOGRAPHS
Disney Autographs are perhaps one of the best Disney world souvenirs you can get, they may take time to get but apart from the book, it is a free and fun souvenir, plus you get all the memories of meeting your favourite characters.
8. DELICIOUS DISNEY COOKBOOK
From Mickey’s Pantry in Disney Springs, you can pick up a variety of cookbooks of food found across the different parks. We love cooking so any cookbook is great but these are extra magical.
Of course, you can take pictures of the park yourself but when you meet characters there is always a Disney PhotoPass photographer hanging around to take your picture. You don’t need to buy these photos, instead, have your personal camera ready and ask them to use that camera instead.
10. ANIMATION DRAWINGS
At California Adventure and Hollywood Studios WDW, you can take a free animation class, where you are taught how to draw your favourite characters. Your own masterpiece is the perfect souvenir!
11. DISNEY PINS
Disney pins are very popular with many Disney fans! You can purchase different Disney Pins from all over Disney and trade pins with other visitors and cast members to expand your Disney Pin collection.
If you spot a pin you love, buy it when you can – some pins are only available in certain stores, parks and resorts.
12. DESIGN A TEE
At Disney Springs, you will find a store named ‘Design a Tee’ which allows you to do exactly that. You can choose the colour, size and style then choose from over 400 pieces of character art and phrases to choose from.
This place wasn’t open on our visit but I will definitely be heading here on our next trip! Tees cost around $25.
13. ANTENNA TOPPER
Ever wanted to be one of those awesomely cool people with a Mickey head sticking out of their cars antenna? At Disney, you can choose from a load of character and themes to personalise your car. This is on my shopping list for our next trip!
This is a big category and we often spend far too long in the kitchenware sections of merchandise stores but so what? Buy yourself a mug or toast printer or waffle iron or apron or cutlery set… the list goes on but these things are all items you will actually use – making them the best type of Souvenir. Unfortunately, we have yet to find any Disney shot glasses (but Universal does sell character ones!).
I always thought that jewellery at Disney would be that tacky plastic kind that 5-year-olds wear, so I was more than surprised when I came across Pandora Charms! Check the Jewellery stores and treat yourself.
These are just a few of the best Disney souvenirs you can take away from your trip to Walt Disney World or other Disney parks around the world. If you are in Orlando, don’t forget to head to Disney’s Character Warehouse Store (one is found in Vineland Premium Outlet and the other in the International Premium Outlet), here you will find amazing discounts on older items; expect to find lots of Christmas stuff along with the usual kits costumes, accessories and kitchen items.
Remember, if you miss the souvenirs in the park, you can purchase some of these items online. We created this Disney Souvenir list to help!
We value and appreciate all our readers and supporters. If you wish to support CTG then please use our Amazon affiliate for your next purchase, it doesn’t cost you anything extra but we make a small commission, allowing us to continue building this website and sharing our love of travel with you.
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy, and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favorite travel insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offer year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel, I always take these trusty hand sanitizers and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.