In these times of stress, we could all do with relaxing. This is why we are sharing these affordable wellness retreats in the USA.
There are a few better places in the world to head for a nurturing and spiritual journey than the USA. There are many things to do in the USA but if you want to break out of the rut of the usual work, eat, and sleep routine, then a health-focused vacation is the only answer.
A wellness retreat, therefore, not only assures the traveler a promise of rest but also of a variety of treatments that can help with the problems relating to lifestyle. This is the main reason that a slew of affordable wellness retreats has mushroomed across America. Let’s have a close look at some of the leading ones.
Santa Barbara Yoga Retreat, California
If the sublime California weather doesn’t pull the strings of your heart, this breathtaking soul-healing yoga retreat surely will. For the ultimate personalized experience and affordable wellness retreat in California; the Santa Barbara Yoga Retreat offers two weeks of unlimited yoga activities for as low as $122 per person per night. This includes a private apartment on single/double occupancy, a queen bed, and a bamboo floor to practice the sequences best.
You can attend live classes as well as yoga sessions online by the reputed teachers at Santa Barbara and choose from the many different styles on offer. With the beach just a stroll away, one can opt for a private yoga session or just unwind and meditate alone. Shorter stays of two nights, a week or extended stay for a full month of relaxation can also be undertaken here. You can opt to book a complete wellness package on sites like Vacayou.
Bluff Dwellings, Utah
Conveniently nestled among million-year-old sandstone cliffs which served as dwellings for the ancient Puebloans, the Bluff Dwellings Resort in Bluff, Utah is a must-visit for those who wish to be pampered and embraced by the spectacular surroundings. The 14 buildings and 54 rooms have been so designed to merge with the ruins of the cliffs and boulders. Striving for peace and tranquility is the essence of life and the unique nature-centered HozHo spa ensures exactly that.
Apart from uncompromising luxury rooms set in a surreal environment with all amenities and full attention to high-class service. Besides the spa, there is an Outdoor Pool and a Whirlpool Spa in the United States’ most beautiful destination. Oversized rooms, with great views of the 200 feet high red cliffs, come with a private patio, high-speed internet, large bathrooms, and rain showers providing seclusion and privacy for just $189 per night. Accommodation includes four glamping teepees, nine large dwellings, and three large Pueblo structures.
Finish off your budget wellness retreat by heading over to Park City Utah; a gorgeous area of the state, ideal for hikes and skiing depending on when you are visiting.
The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pennsylvania
For an incredible mid-week escape, which offers up to 43% off on weekend rates, you can treat yourself to a relaxing wellness retreat within a gorgeous forest. From just $339 per person per night at a private country estate, state at one of the 58 rooms, which are simple but luxurious and located in a natural setting with locally procured furniture. The Lodge at Woodloch offers a luxury adults-only Poconos Spa for an exclusive range of body treatments and is a must-visit if you are traveling to the USA.
With 35 classes per day, the beauty of the surroundings can change moods and minds and bring about a sense of well-being. For a new personal challenge, discover scenic walking paths or go kayaking or mountain biking. The all-inclusive package comes with a private lake amidst acres of forests, a state of the art Spa and an up-to-date fitness center. The wine list is worth exploring as are the Chef’s options for the range of dinners.
The Peaks Resort and Spa, Colorado
Getting dirty and having fun are the perfect ingredients for an unmatched collection of amenities and attractions at the Peaks Resort and Spa in Telluride’s Mountain Village spa; known as one of the best wellness retreats in the USA. Located amid the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, the resort offers both summer and winter activities and a variety of dining choices at the Altezza Restaurant. The Telluride Regional airport is just 11km away from the Peaks, while downtown Telluride is a short twenty-minute drive from the property.
A full-service 42000 square feet spa and fitness center with all services like Pilates and Yoga classes is the main feature of this 161 rooms resort. On-site activities apart from wellness orientation are ski-in and ski-out, fishing, and a golf course on the site. Rates range from $229 to $329 from Summer to Winter. Guests can enjoy a drink at the poolside Deep End Pool bar during the warmer months.
Indian Springs Resort, Calistoga, California
If you want to get pampered with massages and get immersed in layers of volcanic ash at just $220 per night, then Indian Springs will be a paradise for you. The hot springs of Calistoga have been a source of treatment for centuries and will provide a one-time experience to the guests within the confines of the scenic Napa Valley. Spread across 17 acres, the rooms at Indian Springs consist of cottages, bungalows, and stylish buildings, each with its own unique charm and vibe.
Being one of the original spas to be established in California, the special treatments and thermal waters at Indian Springs is an authentic spa experience. The menu is totally influenced by local ingredients and is served in a vibrant atmosphere befitting the Arcadian nature of the resort, in order to instill a deep sense of peace, calm, and time, perfect for relaxation and detoxification.
Honor’s Haven, New York
If you are looking for one of the best health & wellness retreats in the USA, then Honor’s Haven is for you. This 232-room resort provides its guests with mountain, lake, and garden views set in the historic Hudson Valley. This well-established resort apart from a high-class Wellness Center and Spa offers outdoor activities like hiking, biking, birdwatching, and other recreational sports close by. On the food front, a delectable selection of dining options for all tastes and dietary preferences is available. Special packages from 412$ for a minimum four nights stay are available. Some of the attractive packages are the Holistic Wellness Retreats and Self-Development Retreats at the Earth Mind Wellness center.
This National leader in health and wellness has managed to alter the lives of thousands of people by enhancing their energy levels by way of gentle and revitalizing classes undertaken by trained holistic experts. This dedicated wellness retreat has three private session rooms and two spacious rooms for training to accommodate 35 persons at a time. There is always something happening year-round in this family-friendly destination.
YOGA RETREATS IN THE USA
Looking for yoga retreats in the USA? There are plenty of wellness retreats that focus on Yoga and cater to beginners to advanced fitness and yoga levels. Some of the best retreats for Yoga in the US are:
- White Lotus Foundation – Inside a steep canyon across 40 acres of Land, this yoga retreat offers lodges, yurts, and campsites; ideal for all budgets.
- The Yoga Lodge on Whidbey Island – Near Greenbank, Washington, this lodge hidden in the forest is perfect for those looking for nature, animals, and yoga all day, every day.
- Rolling Meadows – Inside a restored New England Farmhouse, the Rolling Meadows is a unique yoga retreat to enjoy. The expansive grounds with gardens, wood, swimming, and pond contrasted with the 10 people home, make this elegant retreat in the USA perfect for those looking for a more intimate group to grow with whilst having plenty of places to explore.
- Big Sky Yoga Retreats — With summer and winter yoga retreats, you can visit Big Sky all year. There is am emphasis on horseback riding here along with photography, hiking and skiing.
- Sewall House Yoga Retreat – For an off-the-grid experience, Sewall House is ideal. The idyllic location in Island Falls, Maine and variety of activities to choose from, make this a popular yoga retreat in America. Not only can you practise Yoga but you can also kayak, swim, hike, mediate, canoe, cook, write and learn folk herbalism.
The idea of going on a relaxing excursion is picking up rapidly in today’s plugged-up lifestyle. Wellness tourism is becoming the fastest-growing travel sector, and this handful of budget-friendly resorts will help you reset with nature and breathe a bit easier.
We value and appreciate all our readers and supporters. If you wish to support CTG then please use our Amazon affiliate for your next purchase, it doesn’t cost you anything extra but we make a small commission, allowing us to continue building this website and sharing our love of travel with you.
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy, and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favorite travel insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offer year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel, I always take these trusty hand sanitizers and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.