Phuket is Thailand’s most sought after travel destination and here are a few of the best things to do in Phuket PLUS hotel choices!
With 30 gorgeous beaches, it is known for its pristine waters and rain forests. Phuket has a tropical climate that sees a confluence of rain, cool breeze and warm weather throughout the year. If you love to travel, check out flights from Singapore to Phuket and that is all you need!
Here are the best places to visit whilst you are visiting Patong, Phuket.
Things to know before you go to Phuket
Best places to visit in Phuket
Phang Nga Bay
Every Phuket travel guide is incomplete without having Phang Nga Bay. It has limestone cliffs projecting out of the green waters. It has some of the most beautiful natural landscapes to view in Phuket. You can take a boat ride and surf through the limestone cliffs, taking a few stops at the sizzling beaches. Two top spots to visit in Phang Nga Bay are James Bond Island and Koh Panyee.
Wat Chalong Temple
One of the 29 prominent Buddhist temples of Phuket, it was earlier known as Wat Chaiyathararam. The red and golden structure of the temple renders it a beautiful look. It is considered the most important Buddhist temple in Phuket. Poh Than Jao Wat is a statue housed inside the westerly hall of the temple. Buddha’s life is enumerated through several paintings inside the Grand Pagoda. Visit to Buddhist temple is a must on a trip to Phuket.
A 20-minute drive from Phuket will take you to the Khai Islands. The three islands – Khai Nai Island, Khai Nok Island and Khai Nui Island have marvellous beaches that are characterised by white colour sand and green waters. You can visit the exquisite coral reefs at Khai Nui Island to marvel at nature. The biggest among the three is Khai Nai Island and has an elegant white beach.
You can spend half your day visiting the enormous Phuket Zoo. There is a lot to see and explore at the zoo. You will find a wide variety of animal and bird species, in addition to the picturesque setting of tropical gardens. An Aquarium and Bird Park is also situated inside the zoo. You can get close to some animals and capture the moment with your camera.
Phuket Cobra Show and Snake Farm
You’ll be surprised to know that there are over 50 different varieties of snakes, some of them very poisonous inside the snake farm. Snake handlers fearlessly portray a well orchestrated snake show that is going to leave your heart thumping. They don’t even shy away from kissing the King Cobra!
As the name suggests, it is one of the most secluded beaches in Phuket. A boat ride is the only way to access this beach. There are some differentiated rock formations that you can wonder at or even lie down on the white sand at the beach. The clear waters make it a wonderful sight to see.
Enjoy the Nightlife
Beaches are not the only thing to experience on a Phuket travel guide. It has some of the most fancy nightclubs and bars in Asia. Head on to Patong after 9 pm to enjoy a couple of drinks with your friends. Almost the entire stretch of Bangal Road has hundreds of clubs that make the city come alive at night.
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favourite travel Insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offers year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel to, I always take these trusty hand sanitizer’s and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these, over backpack and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.