Heading to Arizona? We share the best golf resorts in Arizona for those looking for a luxurious, unique getaway; golfer or not!
There isn’t a better spot in the US for golfing than Arizona. Phoenix gets more than 300 days of sunshine per year, which is nearly 100 days more than the US average. Can you think of better-golfing conditions?
Despite not being “the sunshine state” in name, parts of Arizona have 90 percent sunshine throughout the year. That is more sunshine than Hawaii or Florida!
Why visit Arizona?
Arizona is home to the Grand Canyon National Park, and many people consider this to be one of the world’s seven natural wonders. The Grand Canyon is 446 kilometers in length, but an incredible 1800 meters deep – it remains one of America’s top attractions.
Arizona has a booming golf industry that generates over 3.4 billion dollars annually. Also, there are an estimated 20,000 jobs created annually because of the enormous golfing scene.
Furthermore, the state even has over 300 golf courses, and the world widely regards Scottsdale and Phoenix as two of the world’s most significant golfing areas!
If you want to check out Arizona’s luxury golf resorts, take a look at these top luxury golf resorts recommended by PrivateUpgrades luxury travel club – they offer upgrades and discounts on worldwide golfing resorts.
Best Golf Resorts in Arizona
The Mountain Shadows resort is in the heart of Scottsdale. Did you know Scottsdale hosts Arizona’s only PGA Tour competition? The Mountain Shadow resort opened in 1959 and has hosted professional golfers, Hollywood stars, and international travelers ever since.
Furthermore, the hotel expanded in 1960, adding a par-56 golf course with various luxury golfing facilities to match. Visitors love the fantastic accommodation options, including resort residences offering modern decor, bright lighting, and luxury amenities. Moreover, Hearth’ 61 offers classic eats all-day everyday.
Golfers love the par-3 18-hole golf course designed by Arthur Jack Snyder. Hollywood celebrities quickly loved the phenomenal golf course because of the desert setting, challenging greens, distinct holes, rugged slopes, and views of the Camelback Mountain.
Unique Hotel Benefits
- 18-hole par three golf course with fantastic greens, distinct holes, and rugged slopes.
- The hotel offers a chance to dine at Hearth 61 restaurant and eat the unique dishes cooked by respected chef Charles Wiley.
- A full fitness center with multiple fitness equipment options
- Amazing views of the surrounding mountains from the room and restaurants
- Prime location next to Scottsdale’s best shopping, nightlife, and entertainment options.
Address: 5445 E Lincoln Dr, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253, United States
Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain
In the heart of Marana, you’ll find the Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain. Marana is the perfect golfing town, named after the Spanish word “maraña” translated to “thicket” by railworks in the 19th century who cleared a line through the area.
The resort offers excellent golf opportunities with the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course, offering challenging greens, beautiful views, and rugged slopes. Guests adore the luxury fitness center, full spa facilities, and sauna, all perfect for staying healthy and relaxing.
Dove Mountain offers an eclectic mixture of food options, such as Turquesa Latin Grill situated next to the resorts swimming pool and water slide area. You’ll love the Latin fare and Tuscon-inspired influences. Moreover, Clayton’s Burger Bistro offers the best burgers in Tucson with remarkable Tuscon views to match.
Unique Hotel Benefits
- An incredible Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course
- The hotel is situated next to an excellent list of attractions, such as desert hiking, stargazing, luxury shopping, and art galleries.
- Every room represents Arizona’s desert colors, indigenous history, and stunning mountain views from the private terrace.
- Full spa-facilities, gym facilities, and an excellent resort swimming pool
- Multiple bars and restaurants offering international cuisine
Address: 15000 N Secret Springs Dr, Marana, AZ 85658, United States
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale At Troon North
Do you want to stay at a resort that includes one of the United States’ top golf courses? Golfers widely regard the Troon North Golf Club as one of America’s best golf courses. You will have priority use on this course and the 37,000 square foot highly acclaimed Troon North Clubhouse.
Visitors adore the option of over 210 guestrooms and suites, with the possibility of larger rooms for families and kids. Many rooms offer private balconies, a gas-burning fireplace for the winter nights, and king size beds with luxury linen. Also, guests love the extravagant dining options, including numerous bars, restaurants, and the choice of breakfast in your room!
Furthermore, the hotel has various activities, including bike tours, fishing, tennis courts, movie nights, live music performances, and hiking opportunities. You will always have things to do at the resort, no matter what your interests are!
Unique Hotel Benefits
- The world-class golfing resort at Troon North Golf Club
- The hotel offers world-class rooms with luxury amenities, including private balconies, flat-screen TV, and striking desert views.
- An endless array of fun activities for the family
- The hotel provides a full spa facility, including fitness classes, yoga classes, and full-body massages.
- Two large outdoor swimming pools that are open all year round.
Address: 10600 E Crescent Moon Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85262, United States
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favourite travel Insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offers year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel to, I always take these trusty hand sanitizer’s and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these, over backpack and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.