Heading to NYC? We review one of our favourite hotels in Times Square – Hilton Times Square. Complete with our pros and cons.
Trying to decide where to stay in New York City? Situated on West 42nd Steet, the Hilton Times Square has become an integral part of Times Square. Walking out, literally on to Times Square, is the most marvellous feeling you could ask for.
We stayed here for a week during our summer tour around America and here are the Pros and Cons.
Times Square Hilton Hotel Review
Time Square Hilton Location
This hotel is my top choice because of its fabulous location. Just a few steps away from the subway station, this is ideal for those wanting to explore the city and nightlife. What makes this hotel superb is its spot on Times Square. The hustle and bustle will whirl you away in excitement and you will never get bored with things to do, any time of the day.
We were surrounded by restaurants, cafes, bars, theatres, sightseeing buses and fast food stops. We loved walked through Times Square all the time and the hotel has two entrances so you can exit onto a quieter street away from Times Square if you wish.
The location is fantastic for seeing Manhattan but can get super crowded and busy at the immediate entrance/exit of the hotel. A few times, we found ourselves struggling through the crowds just to get into the hotel lobby. However, there are two doors in and out of the hotel so you can always opt for the rear door which leads you to a quieter street.
NYC Hilton Times Square address:
234 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, United States
The Rooms at Hilton NYC Times Square
The rooms are spacious and luxurious with great views of the city. The bed and arm chair were incredibly comfy and showers are powerful. There are plenty of room amenities and hotel facilities to enjoy, with a flat screen television and some great bath products.
The average size of a room here is 330-square feet; a staggering size for Midtown Manhattan. Also, because rooms start on the 23rd floor, you aren’t disturbed by the street noise.
For Manhattan, this is a sizeable room. We had no complaints about the room but would always prefer a bathtub – but they are hard to find in NYC!
Is the Hilton Hotel in Times Square worth it?
One of the biggest concerns you may have with the Hilton Times Square hotel is the price! Hotels in NYC are expensive and Hilton is pricey; average room rates are around $160. But is it worth it?
It perspective, YES. This room is well worth the price. In previous NYC trips, we had stayed the budget chain hotel Econo Lodge (also Times Square) and the Hilton actually worked out cheaper.
Things to know before visiting Hilton Times Square New York
The staff: The staff were friendly and bubbly and they were extremely helpful during our stay. Our previous hotel during our travels had charged us twice for our stay, so the Hilton staff helped us by contacting that hotel directly and talking them through how to sort the issue out for us – we couldn’t have asked for more.
- Gorgeous views from the room.
- iPod docks, coffeemaker and mini bar.
- A light, spacious fitness centre.
- Business centre with meeting facilities.
- Free wifi in the lobby.
- Unsurprisingly, parking is expensive here.
- No pool is available here.
- Wifi is available but for a fee.
Because of the location of the Hilton Times Square, you can walk to many major sights in the area:
- On Times Square
- 6-minute walk to Broadway
- 15 minutes to Rockefeller Centre
- 20 minutes to Central Park
- 15 minutes to Empire State Building
The A, C and E train lines are easily accessible at nearby 42nd Street/8th Avenue whilst train 1,2 and 3 is at 42nd Street/7th Avenue.
Restaurants at Hilton Times Square
Pinnacle Bar Hilton Times Square
The Pinnacle Bar is found in the lobby of the Hilton NYC hotel and overlooks Times Square. This is ideal for drinks and light meals, although dinner is available here too.
Open: 11am – 12am
Above Restaurant Hilton Times Square
Located 21 storeys above Times Square, the Above Restaurant offers American cuisine and is particularly popular for its breakfast.
Open 7am – 10pm
Restaurants near Hilton in Times Square, NYC
- Dallas BBQ – BBQ restaurant with amazing baby back ribs.
- Wolfgang Steakhouse – Arguably the best steak in Times Square
- Hard Rock Cafe – Home to NYC’s branch of this popular chain.
- Ruby Tuesdays – casual chain restaurant serving your typical American food.
- Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery – The best desserts in town are found here.
- Hakkasan – A high-end Cantonese restaurant in the heart of New York.
- Blossom on Ninth – A vegan-friendly option with delicious inventive dishes.
- O’Donoghues – This is my fave bar and not just because it’s my maiden name. This is a relaxed bar with drinks not too expensive considering its location.
- Gleason’s Tavern – A casual bar with good pub food.
- Bar 54 – The highest rooftop bar in NYC.
- STITCH Bar and Lounge – A great atmosphere with super happy hour deals!
More tips for NYC visits:
Overall, this hotel is one of our favourites in New York City and is highly recommend; especially for first time visitors to the city!
We hope you have a great time in New York City – let us know what you are most looking forward to in the comments below!