Looking to plan a unique and incredible honeymoon? We share these luxury honeymoon destinations so you can choose from the very best.
Going on a vacation is fun. Especially if it’s a honeymoon trip. After the vows have been said and the rings exchanged, the next thing to do is build a life together. Building the love nest starts with a great getaway.
Deciding on your honeymoon destination can be difficult. With so many tempting opportunities in line, it’s hard to narrow down the list and choose the “one”. After the stressful wedding planning is over, it’s time to choose a destination to strengthen your love and make memories for a lifetime.
If romance and luxury are your cup of tea, you can consider the destinations below. Read along to learn more about the most romantic and luxurious honeymoon destinations worldwide.
Most Luxurious honeymoon destinations
Galapagos is a great destination for lovers, adventure-seekers, and anyone between. A visit to Galapagos is an experience of abundance, wildlife, stunningly beautiful landscapes, and a unique relationship with nature. And as newlyweds, you’ll be seeking peace, tranquility, and romance.
One of the top reasons to visit the Galapagos is the opportunity to become more intimate and personal, enjoy the pristine waters, do activities together, and connect with the origins of evolution. Whether you’re planning to take a luxury Galapagos cruise or a boat tour, each option has its advantages.
Additional facts for Galapagos:
- More than 30% of the plant species are endemic on these islands
- 80% of the animals exist only in this place and are nowhere else to be found
- You will see some of the most beautiful beaches like Cerro Brujo
- Floreana Island is known for the colonists, whalers, and buccaneers
- Endemic species you can see: waved albatross, Galapagos penguin, Lava Heron, hood mockingbirds, gulls, red-footed booby, giant tortoises, doves
Bora Bora is known as a luxurious, honeymoon destination for couples around the world. The soaring volcanic peaks, white sandy beaches, coral reefs, and water activities like snorkeling make the place unique and attractive for newlyweds
The ideal places for honeymooners are Matira Beach, Vaitape, and Mount Otemanu. You can stay in the resorts, try snorkeling or scuba diving, or enjoy a mojito on the white, sandy beach. The best time of the year to visit is May to October, just as the season peak starts.
The reasons to travel to Fiji Islands are countless. From the palm-lined beaches to the secluded, private islands, these islands have a lot to offer. Viti Levu is the largest Fiji island and is located 10 hours from San Francisco by plane. Many honeymooners choose Fiji as their love destination due to the genuine friendliness, privacy, joyful spirit, and local experiences.
The Fiji excursion takes you on a tour through the pristine surroundings, you can participate in a traditional friendship ceremony and drink dried kava plant beverage, or feast from a coconut shell.
The “Bula” greeting is something you’ll remember for a lifetime. You’ll be welcomed as a member of the family by the locals where you can sing and dance their traditional dances. You can also see how native Fijians use the plants from the jungle for medicine and food.
Seychelles is famous for natural wonders and white sand beaches across its 115 islands. These islands are perfect for newlyweds, located off the coast of East Africa, in the Indian Ocean, while being the host to the most wonderful, turquoise beaches in the world.
50% of the islands’ surface is land and a reserve. Unlike many other destinations, Seychelles is known for the Red Fody and the warbler bird as blueprints of their uniqueness and wildlife. Plenty of activities take place on the islands, from scuba diving to snorkeling.
If you plan on taking a variety of activities, head to the Baie Ternay to see the wildlife or visit the Creole cooking classes known for the Coco de Mer coconuts. Try Seychelles’ specialties like red snapper dishes, coconut curries, fish baked in banana leaves, and grilled octopus. Snorkel with sea lions, sharks, and tortoises.
You might have noticed that all of the honeymoon destinations are secluded islands and remote locations. Hawaii is another one among them. It’s been the premier worldwide travel destination and the number-one choice on many bucket lists. The accepting and friendly spirit on the island attracts many tourists annually.
And since pictures speak better than words, you’d get to experience the natural beauty of the volcanic landscapes, a plethora of beaches, and islands like Molokai or Lanai with their unique character and beauty. Enjoy the many things to do in Waikiki, eat as much Hawaiian food, visit the farms and filming locations then relax and unwind in a luxury resort.
Hawaiian memories and dreams are made of sunsets and sunrises. Embark on your new adventure and choose Hawaii as your honeymoon destination!
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy, and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this microphone for all our Youtube voiceovers.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favorite travel insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offer year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel, I always take these trusty hand sanitizers and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.