France is known for its beautiful travel destinations and Mont Saint Michel is one of them, which is why we are sharing this Mont Saint Michel Guide.
Why Mont Saint Michel?
This beautiful city is very underrated but has amazing sightseeing spots that are sure going to leave you with your mouth hanging open. This is often considered as a historical and architectural wonder and you can find hints and traces of it when you visit the place. Even though it is quite popular among history buffs, not many people know about this place outside of that.
What is the best time to visit Mont Saint Michel?
When it comes round to the best time of the year to visit for Mont Saint Michel, there are quite a good number of options to look around. France can be visited at any time of the year but if you want to enjoy it in its prime, it is best suggested that you visit from March to October.
But, owing to the rush it experiences because of the rich culture and history, chances are that you will experience rush throughout the year. Statistics suggest that 2.5 million people do visit this place every year, so you can imagine the kind of rush the place will have.
In addition to that, the best time to visit Mont Saint Michel is either in the morning from 9 am to 10 am or during the afternoon from 3 pm to 4 pm. These are the optimal timings if you want to avoid the rush of the queue.
Any time later than that can often end up causing a rush through with the unnecessary bout of queuing and rush.
If possible, try and avoid visiting during the weekend because even the locals often visit, thus increasing the crowd even more.
For the best experience, book tickets to visit in June because even the weather is perfect during that time. It is a peak season, so you need to make the bookings beforehand. If you want to avoid peak season, the time after September is good too.
How to get to Mont Saint Michel?
When it comes to how to get to Mont Saint Michel, the journey is quite simple and not that exhausting.
For the most part, all you need to do is take direct trains from Paris to Rennes. From there you can take a bus from Paris to Mont St Michel including a day tour to experience the entire place without any issues at all.
The only thing that you need to ensure is the fact that you make the bookings beforehand. Since the rush is quite high during the peak season, you should make all the bookings beforehand.
This will ensure that you have everything secured without any issues at all.
Where to stay in Mont Saint Michel?
The last point of discussion that we would love to highlight is where to stay around in Mont Saint Michel. If you are feeling adventurous, you can stay in the island itself. The only thing that you need to ensure is that you carry your luggage around in the shuttle service to the island. The accommodation options are quite good, so you don’t necessarily have to worry about that.
The next time that you plan on visiting France, make sure to include Mont Saint Michel in the itinerary because of the amazing beauty and rich history of the place.
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favourite travel insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offer year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel to, I always take these trusty hand sanitizers and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.