Choosing the perfect hotel for your travels can be a tricky choice but have you ever travelled for the hotel? There are some unusual and unique hotels around the world that are worth travelling to, just to stay at.
Unique hotels in the world
1. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort – Finland
Our first unique hotel is the Kalslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finland. These igloo shaped rooms offer domed glass roofs so that guests can admire the Northern Lights from the comfort of their bed.
Located near Finland’s largest national park; Urho Kekkonen National Park, this wilderness resort is a wonderful way to experience nature in a unique setting.
Visit during the winter to experience the romantic sky glow, with the sun staying below the horizon for up to six weeks each year, creating a magical glow in the sky, reflecting off the snow. However, you can visit from late August to late April to experience the Northern Lights.
After visiting Helsinki, catch a flight to Ivalo Airport, then jump on the 30-minute shuttle bus to hotel.
Prices for double rooms start at €414 for a cabin in the Winter and Igloos start at $528.
2. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – The Maldives
With a two-story, three-bedroom resident undersea, the Conrad Maldives is one of the most extraordinary places to stay in the world. Not only can you sleep among the fish (in a good way), you can enjoy 24-hour butler service and experience a modern, luxurious stay on this break taking island.
But let’s face it, we aren’t here for the amenities, we want to wake up and see fish floating alongside our bed! And you can, for the oh-so small price of $40,000, you can experience this unique hotel.
If you don’t have that kind of budget, head to the Manta Resort in Zanzibar or Atlantis The Palm in Dubai for more affordable luxury travel experiences.
3. Jumbo Stay – Sweden
Sleep in the cockpit of a real, converted jumbo jet with this unique hotel in Sweden. The used jumbo jet from 1976 has been converted to a modern and memorable hotel, perfect for families and aviation enthusiasts.
And the best part is that this is one of the cheaper unique hotels in the world on this list, with standard rooms starting at $84 and suites starting at $174.
4. Ice Hotel – Sweden
The next unique place to visit in the world is also in Sweden but this one requires some warm layers. The world’s first hotel made of ice and snow was founded in Sweden in 1989, offering around 150 cold but also warm rooms, depending on what you are looking for. Cold rooms include ice decorations, a bed of ice covered in reindeer hide and thermal sleeping bags so you don’t freeze too much!
The hotel also homes an ice bar, sculpting studio, ice church but also plenty of heated restaurants and areas too.
Hotel rooms here start at $470 but day visitors can explore for $41.
5. Giraffe Manor – Kenya
This unique hotel is one of a kind and perfect for animal lovers. Get up close with the giraffes in this Safari Collection elegant hotel. Built in 1932, every room in this 12-room manor is fully stocked with giraffe food, so that you can feed the long-necked creatures whenever they wish to pop their head through the window.
However, make sure you are saving up for this trip, rooms here start at $875 per person.
6. The Wigwam Motel – San Bernadino, California
Along Route 66 is the next unique hotel, The Wigwam. Built in 1949, this quirky hotel is a reminder of the great American road trip days and prices start at just $100 a night.
Surrounding by beautiful nature, this motel includes a pool and gift shop for all those Route 66 souvenirs you want to pick up too.
7. Book and Bed – Tokyo, Japan
Readers will love this unique hotel in the heart of Tokyo. Well, at least readers that can read Japanese. A creative alternative to the famous capsule hotels found across Japan, the book and bed hotel offers bookshelves for rooms. Browse the books, sit in the reading areas or tuck yourself away in your hidden bunk for a good read before bed. Rooms in this Shinjuku hostel start at $55 a night.
8. Hotel Costa Verde – Costa Rica
Costa Rica isn’t shy of beach resorts but not many of those hotels include a remodelled Boeing 727. Perched on a 50-foot pedestal above the beach, the 727 fuselage home includes two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette, dining area and ocean view terrace.
Prices at this unique hotel start at $360 but is a truly creative hotel choice.
9. Anthénea – France
Ever wanted to escape the stress of life on land? With Anthenea you can. This is the world’s first floating eco-deluxe pod; perfect for those looking for peace and seclusion on the waters. Powered by solar energy, you can experience modern furnishings in your living room, bedroom, bathroom and rooftop solarium area.
Pods are available to rent along the coast of Brittany, France for $336 a night.
10. Attrap’ Reves Hotel – France
France is all about the unique eco-friendly hotels! If floating on water isn’t for you, how about a plastic bubble? The Attrap Reves hotel recycles materials to create bubble dome rooms secluded in nature. Sleep under the stars in this unusual but romantic hotel starting from just €119 a night or pay a little more for a little more privacy or a room with a jacuzzi.
Most interesting hotels in the world – Honorable Mentions
- The Red Caboose Motel in Pennsylvania, USA offers standard rooms inside a retired locomotive. Inside the largest privately owned collection of cabooses, you will find a quirky hotel and restaurant as well as an interesting railroad museum.
- Hotel Palacio de Sal in Bolivia offers luxury hotel rooms in a hotel maid entirely out of salt. Yes, you heard that right, this hotels walls, ceilings and sculptures as well as a lot of its furniture are made from large salt bricks. Whilst staying here, you can even head to the planet’s largest salt flat.
- Marina Bay Sands in Singapore is an iconic landmark itself. Visit the hotel for free and explore its casino, shopping mall and even chocolate restaurant or stay the night to gain free access to its exclusive infinity pool with a breathtaking view of the city.
- V8 Hotel in Germany is perfect for car lovers. The hotel offers 10 theme-based rooms including the swanky V12 Mercedes Suite.
- Capsule hotels – Japan is home to many, many capsule hotels, unique tot his country. One of the most popular options is the nine hours capsule hotel at Tokyo airport; perfect for those with a long layover.
- Inntel Hotel – The Inntel Hotel is a cool and uniquely designed hotel in the Netherlands. This lego-like architecture stands out among the town and is often used for meetings and conferences.
Happy travels! We hope you have an awesome time travelling and finding unique places to stay – these are just our top 10 (and a few honourable mentions) but which places are we missing?! Let us know in the comments below, we love travelling and staying in unique hotels or Airbnbs so share your favourites!
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy, and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this microphone for all our Youtube voiceovers.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favorite travel insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offer year coverage.
What to pack
- No matter where we travel, I always take these trusty hand sanitizers and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.
Top 20+ Unique Hotels Best, Don’t Miss - Blog - Gửi Quần áo đi Mỹ
Sunday 11th of September 2022
[…] Source: 🔗 […]
UNUSUAL PLACES TO STAY IN THE WORLD • Creative Travel Guide
Wednesday 3rd of August 2022
[…] unique pods can easily top the list of unusual and unique hotels around the world, if not for their beauty, then for their sheer ingenuity. A waterproof fabric mounted on a bamboo […]
MOST UNIQUE HOTELS IN THE US • Creative Travel Guide
Friday 14th of May 2021
[…] to explore unique, creative destinations around the world; whether it is a unique attraction or unique hotels in the world, we make a point to visit these on our travels. Which is exactly why we reached out to these travel […]
10 CULTURAL EXPERIENCES IN TOKYO • Creative Travel Guide
Friday 16th of April 2021
[…] to take the plunge and plan your trip to Japan. If you have time, why not stay in one of the many unique hotels in the city or try your hand at Japanese paper […]
Miniloc, El Nido: Adventurous Honeymoon in the Philippines | For Two, Please
Wednesday 10th of March 2021
[…] The wealth of activities you can do on this island really makes it one of the most unique hotels around the world. […]