Stephanie from The Roaming Fox, shares with us, prices in Boston, USA; including accommodation, travel, food and attraction ticket costs.
We know how hard it can be to budget and plan a trip to a new country. Prices online can vary and it can be hard to find a fixed range of prices for anything further than a hotel and flight. That is why we have created this Cost of Travel series where we ask travel experts and expats the travel costs and prices in their favourite countries and homes.
The exchange rate at the time of publishing (December 2019): $1 USD = 0.90€ EUR = 76p GBP
Introduction to Boston
Boston is a historic American city which has lots to do, see, and eat! It’s totally walkable, and the fall, spring, and summer are just magical times to visit; who doesn’t love New England in the fall?! I’ve lived in Boston for 10 years and love so many things about the city!
- Budget: Private room in an Airbnb $50-$100 per night
- Mid-range: hotel not quite downtown but along public transit $150-250 per night
- Luxury: $300+ per night
- Bus: $1.70 per ride Metro: $2.25 per ride these costs are going up 6% sometime soon.
- We also have Uber and Lyft. Rides in downtown Boston are about $10. Rides to places like Cambridge or Allston could be $12-18.
- Airport rides about $20-$25.
Food and drink costs
Breakfast: Local Dunkin: $3-$7 for coffee and donut or sandwich per person
Street food: isn’t Dunkin street food? (haha). I don’t know of any breakfast street foods Sit down: $12-20 per person plus 15-20% tip
Lunch: Au Bon Pain or quick lunch stop / sandwiches: $6-$15 for a lunch and drink per person
Sit down: $15-30 per person plus tip
Dinner: Street food or quick place/takeout: $6-$15 per person
Sit down: this can vary wildly from $15-$100+ per person based on location, cuisine, number of stars or fame of chef/restaurant, wine, etc.
Activities and attractions
Boston is a fascinating place to explore whilst you are in the East Coast and we loved our visit to the city.
Let us know about your experience in Boston in the comments below.
More USA posts:
- THE ULTIMATE USA BUCKETLIST – 100 BEST THINGS TO DO IN THE USA
- THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN THE USA (that will make you want to move!)
- 10 GREAT NATIONAL PARKS IN THE USA!
- 30 WAYS TO SAVE MONEY WHILE TRAVELING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- New York City, United States
- San Francisco, United States
- Los Angeles, United States
- Niagara Falls, United States & Canada
- Washington, D.C., United States
- Philadelphia, United States
- Orlando, United States
- Chicago, United States
- Las Vegas, United States
Extra USA websites to check out: