Heading to Liverpool? We share tips for visiting The Beatles Story Liverpool, so you can plan a trip to the Albert Docks.
What is The Beatles Story Liverpool?
This is the world’s largest permanent exhibition that is entirely devoted to the story of The Beatles. Learn how the band formed and their rise in fame as you journey through a timeline of the band.
You learn about the humble upbringing of the lads and how they were propelled towards fame and fortune. You move through key moments of the band’s career, including a replica of The Cavern Club, Abbey Road Studios, and The Casbah Club.
The Exhibit also includes plenty of authentic memorabilia including clothing, instruments, and rare album sleeves.
The Beatles Story is a must-do attraction and makes for the perfect day out in Liverpool.
Inside “The Beatles Experience” is also a Fab4 Store (and note there is another Fab4 Store on the Pierhead Waterfront). Here, you will find plenty of Beatles merchandise, including CDs, posters, books, t-shirts, and gifts as well as some limited edition merchandise too.
There is plenty of Beatles merchandise found all over Liverpool and often for cheaper prices, so do not worry about buying all your souvenirs from this store; there will be opportunities elsewhere in Liverpool too.
The Fab4 Cafe is a great place to rest up, have a drink, and enjoy a pastry or two. This is located in a Cavern-club-styled cafe in the main exhibit at the Albert Dock and also at the Mersey Ferry terminal at the Pier Head.
The Beatles Liverpool Location
The Beatles Story Experience is located on the Royal Albert Dock in Liverpool; this is the main waterfront area that many people visit Liverpool.
From Liverpool Central Train Station, you can walk to the docks in 15 minutes or, those driving to Liverpool can park in the Q-Park Liverpool One parking garage. This is near plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops too, making it a great place to locate yourself.
The Albert Dock is Liverpool’s most famous site. It was historically home to Britain’s revolutionary docking system, with ships loading and unloading directly to and from the warehouses. Now, the docks offer a variety of museums, restaurants, and bars to enjoy.
Planning a visit to The Beatles Story
- Prices: £17 per adult, £9.50 for children aged 5 – 15, or £44.50 for a family of 3 adults and 2 children.
- Opening times: The exhibit is open from 10am – 5.30pm, with the last admission at 4pm.
- Ticket bookings: Currently, tickets are required to be purchased online in advance. We recommend doing so in advance if visiting during the school holidays.
- Experience length: The Beatles Story experience can take between 1 to.3 hours, with the average visitor taking just under 2 hours to explore the main exhibition and store.
- Audio Guide: There are audio guides available in 12 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Polish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean and Brazilian Portuguese.
Other things to do at the Albert Dock
The Beatles Story Experience is a fun and interesting exhibit that makes for a great way to spend a day in Liverpool. Partner your visit with a trip around the Albert Dock then a visit to the City Centre during your Liverpool itinerary. Other things to do at the Albert Dock include:
- Tate Liverpool – This free-entry art gallery shares British and international modern art. The building itself is gorgeous and the collection of artwork is impressive.
- Maritime Museum – Learn about the historic past of the world-famous port as you explore the shop models, boats and ship-wrecked objects.
- International Slavery Museum – Be taken on a thought-provoking journey of historical and contemporary slavery.
- Escape Hunt – Solve a series of clues with your friends to crack the code and escape from Albert Dock’s Escape Hunt.
- Museum of Liverpool – Visit this local history museum with interactive displays that move you through the city’s heritage.
- British Music Experience – Enjoy interactive exhibits, memorabilia, and artifacts from British pop and rock legends.
Hotels near Albert Dock
There are plenty of places to stay in and around Albert Dock. For those traveling on a budget, the Travelodge Liverpool Central is a great option because of its central location and decent prices. Ibis is another chain hotel with good rates and an excellent location whilst Seel Street Hotel is a modern, sleek option in the city center.