Planning a trip? We share this TopCashBack review to show you how you can make money online, every time you spend on hotels & flights.
When planning your travels, everyone looks for ways to making money online. By using TopCashBack, you can get money back every time you spend and buy something online.
What is TopCashBack and how does it work?
Cashback is literally when you get a percentage of the cash you paid for an item back via a cashback website. Every time you buy something online, you first find that website on a cashback site such as TopCashBack and use their link to get to that website. For example, if Katie wanted to buy a £30 bag from Accessorize then she would find the website on TopCashBack on the website. At time of writing this, Accessorize is listed on TopCashBack UK offering 5.5% cash back. Once purchasing the item, she would then receive 5.5% of £30 (approx £1.65) in the next few weeks.
How much money can I make using TopCashback?
£1.65 may not sound like much but if you are buying things online anyway, then why not use it! Before heading to the USA in 2011, I had made around £200 on the website, perfect for extra spending money!
We used TopCashBack when booking all our flights and hotels for our three months around Asia and also used the website when buying any online holiday clothes. By doing this, we had extra cash (around £600!) to splurge on two nights in The Venetian Macau.
Why do they give cashback?
Cashback sites use affiliate links to gain a percentage back on purchases made via their links. The money they get is then passed on to you!
Websites choose to join cash back websites as an incentive for customers – this is especially true if you can buy similar products elsewhere. That is why you will find many travel companies on websites like this.
Tips for using TopCashBack and other cashback websites?
- Cashback can take some time to track and become available so don’t spend money you don’t have, thinking the cash will be in your bank account soon.
- Some sites include a threshold that you must reach before you can withdraw any money. TopCashBack don’t have a threshold.
- Cashback is NOT always guaranteed. Think of it as a bonus not a guarantee.
- If your cashback isn’t tracked, this can be chased up by some websites. TopCashBack have helped track, contact and claim all of our purchases that weren’t tracked properly.
- Buy from the website where your product is cheapest rather than the website that offers the biggest cashback. For example, if a pair of headphones is cheaper on Amazon than it would be on a website once the cash back percentage is off, then go with Amazon. If the items are similar price on both sites, then go for the website that has a link on the cashback site.
- Avoid storing too much cash on a website. Some people suggest that you should withdraw as soon as you reach threshold but personally, I trust TopCashBack to save money up for some time then withdraw every 6-8 months.
There are several cashback websites but TopCashBack is an international company that have worldwide websites. We have found that this site have the most companies listed for cashback and also include a great sign up offer.
You get a monthly statement to keep you up-to-date with your earnings.
You can withdraw your cashback in cash to your bank account or PayPal or you can get even more money back (up to 5%) when you withdraw your cashback in vouchers. If you find that you are using TopCashBack a lot, then you can choose to pay £5 (or equivalent depending on your location) to get even more cash back on each purchase. To make it even better, they have also started offering cash back for certain in-store purchases.
We have used TopCashBack for many years now. Recently, the money saved over the past year allowed me to upgrade my camera to a Canon 80D DLSR. I purchased that via the TopCashBackwebsite and got back £26.77, of which we have now saved and will withdraw as cash before our next trip.
How to save money on your travels
How to save money on hotels
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favourite travel Insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offers year coverage.
What to pack:
- No matter where we travel to, I always take these trusty hand sanitizer’s and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these, over backpack and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.