Heading to Los Angeles? Make sure to visit Warner Brothers Studio Tour to see a glimpse of Hollywood magic in this backlot tour.
What is the Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood?
Based in Hollywood, the Warner Bros Studio Tour takes you around the backlots of the famous filming studio. You can go backstage of famous film and movie sets with an expert tour guide who will share a bit of Hollywood magic en route. There are also exhibits from Batman, the DC Universe and Harry Potter, giving you a glimpse of the costumes and props used.
The famous Friends Central Perk set is also a staple part of this tour.
Warner Brothers Studio tour options:
There are a few different tour options you can choose from depending on how much time and money you are willing to spend.
- Studio Tour – $69: This is the basic tour which includes a 2 hour guided tour around the backlot and a 1 hour self-guided tour in the exhibits.
- Classics Tour – $69 – The classics-themed tour focuses on the Golden Age of Warner Bros, focusing on titles from the 1970s. You will be guided by a specially trained tour guide and taken to classic movie and TV show sets. This tour also takes around three Hours in total and is available twice a day.
- Deluxe Tour – $295 – This is a 5 hour guided and 1 hour self-guided tour which includes a deeper look at the movie-marking process. Visit the property and costume departments and enjoy a delicious lunch at the Warner Bros Commissary Fine Dining Room.
Current filming on the Warner Bros. Studio Lot:
Whilst touring backstage, you can visit some sets that are currently in use as long as they are not filming at the time. Make sure to mention the sets you are interested in to your guide at the start of the tour:
- The Ellen Dengeneres Show
- All Rise
- Bob Hearts Abishola
- All American
- The Real
- Young Sheldon
Getting to Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood:
- Drive – If you are renting a car, you can drive to the Studio Tour with parking available on site. Put the address below into your SatNav and follow the signs for Tour Parking once you head into Warner Blvd.
- Ride-share or Taxi – You can get a taxi to the studio using Uber or Lyft. Taking an Uber from Hollywood Boulevard will cost around $6 – $10 and takes around 12 minutes depending on traffic.
- The Bus – You can get a bus from Hollywood/Highland, Universal, Pasadena/Del Mar and North Hollywood to the Warner Bros Studio Hollywood. For routes and timetables, see the LA Metro website.
Warner Brothers Studio Hollywood Address: 3400 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
Watch a show at Warner Bros Studio Tour
Ever wanted to be in the audience of a TV show? After your tour, it is worth checking with the staff at Warner Bros Studio Tour to see if they have any tickets for shows such as the Ellen show whilst you are in Los Angeles.
Tips for visiting the WB Studios Tour Hollywood:
- Bring ID – If you are over the age of 18, bring ID (driver’s license or a valid passport is accepted).
- Age restriction – Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to visit the studio tour and children aged 8 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Book in advance – This is a popular studio tour in Los Angeles so make sure to book your tickets ahead of time.
- Arrive early – Whatever time your tour is booked for, aim to arrive at least 30 minutes early. There is a cafe and store you can visit whilst you wait if you do end up arriving earlier than expected.
- Photography – You are not permitted to take videos during the tour but photographs can be taken in certain areas; your tour guide will let you know when this allowed.
- What to wear – There is no dress code for the studio tour but we recommend you wear comfortable footwear and Dres for the weather. The tour is spread our across 110-acres of blackout, meaning quite a bit of walking is included. If it is sunny, make sure to bring sunglasses and hat as a large portion of the tour is outside.
- Places to eat – There are a few places to get drinks, snacks and food whilst at the studios. At the start of the Tour, in the Welcome Center, you will find a Starbucks which is open from 8.30am to 5pm. There is also a Warner Bros Studio Plaza Cafe if you are looking for a proper meal but note this is only open 8am to 2.30pm and is closed on the weekend. During the tour, there is also a cute replica of Central Perk, where you can pick up Friends themed bakery item along with branded Central Perk Coffee.
- Speak to the guide – If there is a particular set or TV series you love, make sure to let your guide know. As long as the set isn’t being used, guides will do everything they can to make sure you get to see your favourite sets.
Other Los Angeles Studio Tours
Warner brothers Studio Tour isn’t the only backlot style tour you can take in Hollywood. Some other great options include:
- Paramount Pictures Studio Tour – Paramount offers 3 different tours that range from 2 to 4.5 hours long. This is a very active film set meaning you can see some sets as log as they are not being used at the time. Highlights also include Forrest Gump’s bench and the Bronson Gate.
- Sony Pictures Studio Tour – Home to the sound stages of The Wizard of Oz and Spider-man this walking studio tour costs $45 and takes around 2 hours. This is the cheapest studio tour on this list.
- Universal Studios Tour – As a popular part of their amusement park, Universal Studios Hollywood includes a backlot tour that takes around an hour. Here you will see attractions based on King Kong 360, Bates Motel, Fast & The Furious and Jaws.
- Adventures By Disney: Disney backstage – This is a more expensive package and tour but the package includes meals and accommodation at the Lows Hollywood Hotel and Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa. This Disney Adventure includes a tour of the Walt Disney Studios and Archives, an Imagineering tour, a Hollywood walking tour and a tour of the Jim Henson Company. However this week-long package costs a whopping $3399 and includes a CIP Disneyland ticket.
Warner Brothers Studio Tour FAQ
The basic and classic tour takes around 3 hours whilst the deluxe tour takes 5 hours.
Comparing the price and the sets you get to visit during your tour, the Warner Brothers Studio Tour is definitely worth a visit. It is highly rated by all visitors and the mixture of exhibits, backlots and active sets gives you a great insight into how Hollywood works.
The Warner Bros Studio tour includes a backlot tour, a visit to the Friends set, a look at post production in the Stage 48 exhibit and props and costume exhibits from the DC University, Harry Potter and Batman.
The basic and classic tour costs $69 per adult and $59 per child whilst the deluxe tour costs $295 per person.
In the Warner Bros Studio Tour, you can take photographs in some areas but not all. Your tour guide will let you know when you are permitted to take photographs.
Yes, if you book a tour at Warner Bros Studio Hollywood, you will be able to see the original Central Perk set fro the hit tv show Friends.