Visiting Dubai? You are spoilt for choice with luxury hotels with amazing views. So let’s jump into this guide on where to stay in Dubai.
Where you stay during your holiday adds to that experience. And if on a trip to Dubai, one is indeed spoiled for choices as the world-famous city enjoys a reputation for luxurious resorts and great hotels with amazing views. So let’s jump into this guide on where to stay in Dubai.
Some of the most popular areas that are most sought after by tourists and travellers in Dubai include Dubai’s Downtown near Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach, and The Palm Jumeira. while these areas boast of the most luxurious UAE resorts that justify their expensive price tags, there are many good and affordable hotels in Dubai where you can enjoy the most comfortable stay and enjoy the exciting Emirate Dubai.
Here are some of the most high-end hotels in Dubai with a great view.
Where to stay in Dubai
Burj Al Arab
The fascinating Burj Al Arab is a Dubai 7-star hotel that offers a spectacular sea view and a great view of Burj Khalifa. The hotel looks like a sailing ship and boasts of 9 signature restaurants. You can even land in the hotel by helicopter.
Located on Palm Jumeirah’s peninsula, The Palm rooms and suites boast of captivating and unobstructed views of the sea and palm trees. Each room comes with a great view and has direct access to a spectacular private beach. Enjoy the view at night when the spectacular Dubai Marina lights up and gets reflected on the Persian Gulf waters.
Four Seasons Resort
Get ready for an authentic Four Seasons experience and enjoy a fine view of the spectacular Dubai skyline view and sea. You can have your private beach with a jogging park and enjoy great sights of the city and its skyline.
Jumeirah Al Qasr
Jumeirah Al Qasr is situated in Jumeirah Beach Road and boasts of tastefully decorated, rooms and a wide range of restaurants to choose from. Enjoy free access to Wild Wadi Water Park as you stay in this wonderful hotel.
Armani Hotel is located inside Burj Khalifa, and the hotel takes sophistication and style to a whole new level. Designed by the legendary Giorgio Armani, get ready to enjoy the ultimate in luxury. The Fountain Suite is very popular, and one can enjoy the impressive water show from the privacy of their suite.
We loved staying at the Shangri-La and definitely appreciated the Horizon Club perks. Not only do you have a room with a stunning view but we also enjoyed daily breakfast and Afternoon Tea as well as a Horizon Club only floor with a beautiful pool, spa and balcony overlooking the city centre of Dubai.
The Horizon Club is the best instagrammable place in Dubai for views of the Burj Khalifa.
Fun things to do in Dubai
There are a lot of fun things to do in Dubai that it can be hard to decide where to even start! These are our top choices
- Dune Bashing – This is hands-down, our favourite thing to do in Dubai. We went with a private tour, were picked up at 8 am and spent the morning crashing through the desert.
- Yellow Boat Tour – We were short on time in Dubai, so took the Yellow Boat Tour around the Marina area. Stops included the Burj Al Arab, The Atlantis Hotel and The Palm. This is also a great way to see Dubai with children.
- Shopping – Dubai is full of amazing shopping malls to explore. Even if you are travelling on a budget, the malls are still a fun way to spend a day – some of the architecture is simply breathtaking.
- Dubai Miracle Garden – If you love seeing flowers in different shapes and patterns, the miracle garden is for you. We enjoyed spending an afternoon wandering around these gardens
- The Arts – Check out Dubai’s Artsy side at some incredible galleries and creative cafes.
Don’t miss out on some more unusual and exciting things to do in Dubai and have a great trip!
Other accommodation options in Dubai
If you are looking for affordable luxury, you will come across plenty of such options in Dubai. It is jam-packed with five-star hotels and best cheap hotels, and you can always look for incredible deals on luxury hotels.
A good example is the Canvas Hotel that features a hip rooftop pool bar and is a glam five-star hotel. Dukes Dubai is a beachfront hotel that is affordable and offers five-star luxury.
Dubai is a city of extremes, and if one is looking for a convenient base for their trip, they are sure to find it here. Dubai has a reputation for luxurious resorts, but there are many other sides to Dubai. You can enjoy the ultimate in luxury as well as cheap hotels to explore the exciting city.
You can also opt for a hotel apartment if you are hoping to stay for some time or visit like a local. Where ever you stay, make sure that you enjoy magnificent views of the city. Pick a hotel from where you can admire the Dubai Fountain or a room with a Burj Khalifa view. You should be close to the major attractions of the city as well as walking distance from malls, restaurants, and bars.
Things to know before you go to Dubai
What to pack
- No matter where we travel to, I always take these trusty hand sanitizer’s and a mini first aid kit.
- We love these toiletry bags (especially great for smaller bathrooms) and choose a laptop bag like this as our hand luggage.
- We keep our devices charged on long travel days with these lightweight battery packs and bring these worldwide travel adaptors on all our trips.
- I still struggle not to overpack so stick to using an expandable suitcase like these, over backpack and always take my trusty luggage scales to avoid being charged at the airport.
- We LOVE this camera for our travel photography.
- For a cheap, easy and compact camera, we use this to vlog and take photographs.
- We use this travel drone (but make sure to check drone laws in your chosen destination first).
- This is our favourite travel Insurance because it covers so many activities and travel situations that could arise on longer trips but also offers year coverage.