Sin City can be expensive, so why not save some money with these 26 FREE things to do in Las Vegas! We also include cheap attractions in Las Vegas, free shows in Vegas and the best cheap eats in the city.
The Aquarium at the Silverton
With over 160 species of fish and open 24 hours a day, the Aquarium is a fantastic free attraction based in the Silverton Hotel. Holding more than 117,000 gallons, this attraction is perhaps the best thing to do in Vegas for free.
Don’t miss the mermaid shows; you can even have a meal during the performances!
Fall of Atlantis at Caesar Palace Forum Shops
Within Caesar’s Palace, you can find a collection of statues that come to life during a special effects, lighting show that is completely free.
Flamingo wildlife habitat
Situated in the Flamingo hotel, this is a surprise for many Vegas visitors. Beat the heat, escape the crowds of the strip and enjoy these beautiful creatures up close.
This is one of the most popular attractions in Las Vegas and for good reason. From 3pm the fountains dane to music every 30 minute, then every 15 minutes after 7pm. We had this awesome view of the fountains from our view at The Cosmopolitan.
Freemont Street Experience
Yes, you can spend money in the casinos, bars and restaurants of Freemont Street but the street itself is worth visiting and experiencing with it’s old style lights and ceiling light show.
Hidden away between New York New York and Monte Carlo is The Park; a walkway and park with intriguing sculptures, free wi-fi and plenty of seating area. Ideal for those looking for a bit of an escape from the strip. There is also a popular dance sculpture and water walls as well as occasional outdoor performances.
A lesser known attraction is the Garage Art found in the car park of The Cosmopolitan. They have allowed their garage doors too become a canvas for artists and of course, it is completely free to enjoy.
Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
I was surprised to find this place – another free attraction in Las Vegas. Open 24/7 and opposite the front desk, the garden display changes seasonally and is worth admiring.
One of my favourite things to do in Las Vegas is to walk along the strip and enjoy the street performers. There is literally everything you could imagine and more – break dancing, singers, graffiti artists, musicians, cartoon characters and more.
The Mirage Volcano
Every hour, on the hour between 6pm and 11pm, the volcano in front of the Mirage hotel rumbles into life and erupts; delivering a fantastic show to the many tourists that experience it every day.
Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
A trip to Vegas is not complete without that iconic photo in front of the Las Vegas Sign.
The Circus Circus hotel offers free circus performances every half hour from 11 am. Head to the upstairs level of Midway and enjoy the 40-minute performance. This is one of may free things to do in Las Vegas with kids and the mini-theme park inside Circus Circus makes for a great day out too.
ARIA Fine Art Collection
Within the Aria campus, you will uncover the Fine Art Collection; Vegas’ first permanent public art space.
Visit the Eiffel Tower
Head over to the Paris hotel and admire the replica of the iconic landmark.
The world’s brightest light beam
Whilst wandering the strip at night, look over to the Luxor hotel. You will see a beam shining to the heavens; this is the world’s brightest light beam.
Within The Venetian hotel, you will find canal shoppes complete with Italian singers and gondolas.
Something we spent some time doing in Vegas, was checking out the shops! Visit the giant Coca Cola store (complete with a giant Cola bottle as an entrance) or enjoy the theming and chocolate galore in the M&M World.
Ethel M Chocolate Factory
Head over to the factory and take a FREE self-guided tour. Sample some chocolate and check out the Botanical Cactus Gardens.
Many movies are filmed in Las Vegas so make sure you check out the locations – the lobby in Ceasars Palace was used for the Hangover movie whilst the Bellagio fountains were highlighted in Ocean’s 11.
The Biggest golden nugget
Head to the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino to see the biggest Golden Nugget in existence!
Bonnie and Clyde’s Death Car Exhibit
Found just off the strip, head to the Whiskey Pete’s Casino and Hotel to see the Bonnie and Clyde death car, along with some interesting facts.
Fountain Show at Miracle Mile Shops
Head to the mall to see a small but beautiful light show – on the hour, every hour from 12pm to 11pm.
If you are a fan of the TV programme Pawn Stars, head to 713 South Las Vegas Boulevard to see the Pawn shop from the programme!
Head over to the Anderson Diary factory to organise a free guided tour of the dairy factory – and enjoy free ice cream too!
Downtown Container Park
Head down to Fremont Street and check out the container park; an open-air shopping and entertainment venue using repurposed shipping containers.
Napoleon’s Dueling Pianos
Head to the Napoleon’s Dueling Pianos in the evening to watch a spectacular performance of Dueling Pianists! Great fun and affordable drinks.
Free shows in Vegas
- Circus Circus Act – This is the largest permanent circus in the world and it is completely free! Check out the Circus schedule for the different shows and either show up just before the event or reserve tickets on their hotline.
- Bellagio Fountains – There is something mesmerising and wonderful about watching these fountains dance along to the music. They are fantastically timed and each ‘performance’ offers something different and special. This water show happens multiple times throughout the day; see the full schedule here.
- Mermaid Show at the Silverton Hotel and Casino – This show is on 3 times a day in the Aquarium at the Silverton Hotel. The mermaids swim around, performing tricks and are also great with kids!
- Volcano show at The Mirage – In the front of The Mirage, you can’t miss the massive volcano that dominates the entrance. At 7, 8 and 9 pm, this volcano erupts, making a fantastic light and sound display for passersby. Head here early to get a good spot; especially on weekends.
- Music at Le Cabaret Bar inside Paris Las Vegas Hotel – Live bands and musicians play here every night, from 6 pm onwards. We found this open-air styled bar a romantic spot to unwind after a long day exploring.
- Freemont Street Experience – Along the top of Freemont Street is the largest video screen in the world. Here, you can watch a colourful and fun light show, every evening, on the hour starting at 6pm.
These are some of our favourite things to do in Las Vegas that don’t cost a penny! What are your favourite free things to do in Las Vegas? Let us know in the comments below!
More Vegas posts:
- LAS VEGAS TIPS & TRAVEL GUIDE
- LAS VEGAS DESTINATION GUIDE
- FIRST TIME IN LAS VEGAS – Rookie Mistakes to Avoid on Your First Trip to Sin City
- 9 BEST RESTAURANTS IN LAS VEGAS
- 15 LAS VEGAS TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS
- QUINTESSENTIAL TRAVEL OUTFITS FOR LAS VEGAS
- 10 THINGS TO DO IN LAS VEGAS, USA
- 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN VEGAS
- IS LAS VEGAS EXPENSIVE?
- 17 BEST HOTELS IN LAS VEGAS
- TOP 9 BEST BUFFETS OF LAS VEGAS